Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two Years in the Making!!!

All great dogs have a wide repertoire of tricks and rolling over is always one of them. For me, this has been a very tough trick to learn but Gerrit and Heidi never gave up on me. Thanks to their dedication, patience, delicious motivation, and sometimes even example--I can. . .ROLL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!


Maybe I was so pumped up to finally get this trick right because I spent a couple of days with Heidi's awesome brother Luke James. He stopped to visit us on his way to college at Montana State. I even got to go for a ride in his BRONCO.

Maybe, I finally mastered the skill because Heidi and Gerrit have started back at school. On a Friday afternoon when they were putting their best face forward for me, I put my best trick forward for them.

This is where Heidi has been spending most of her time. Gerrit is always zooming around between classes at the U, drawing blood at the hospital, restocking the oxygen tanks and taking care of Heidi and I. (we haven't got a good picture of him in action yet)So even though I might be considered an older dog now (2+ years), I'm proof that it's never too late to learn new tricks. I might start training for the Olympic doggy paddle next.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay, Ringo! You almost showed us how you can roll over on Monday, but I think Jackson was distracting you.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Heidi- Love the classroom! I'll be calling you soon since we might come out to Utah. We'll have to get together for lunch.