Sunday, August 24, 2008

tomatoes and sunflowers

A summer full of watering, weeding, and cat chasing is starting to pay off. We've got lots of sunflowers and tomatoes to show for it.

I just love to sit out here and get my feet dirty (sometimes more).

Back here is where I do my best cat chasing. Those cats run in fear when they see my massive body tumbling after them. I wonder why they keep coming back?

Of course lots of tomatoes means lots of delicious fresh food.
I'd love to get my chompers on that. . . .ummmmm.

Here's to a great summer and lots of BLTs, fresh tomato soup, awesome sandwiches, and maybe even some canning.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Lucky! My tomatoes got some disease. They're still big, huge plants but produced no tomatoes! Better luck next year, eh.

The Betitas said...

Tomatoes are my favorite! My mouth is watering right now!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Whoa I'm totally impressed! Great garden. Must be all the tending that you did Ringo. My garden sucked this year. Just last week when my first tomato finally turned red, Sam walked over to it, said BALL (in a really excited way) and grabbed it off the plant and sunk his teeth into it. :( Yep it was ruined after that. Oh well.

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

Mmmmm. Those tomatoes look delicious! And the sunflowers are beautiful! I can't wait to have a garden someday.