Sunday, August 10, 2008

all over the place

It has been a very busy week for all of us here on Ouray Avenue. It started frantically on Wednesday when Gerrit was driving all over our neighborhood trying to do all that last minute stuff before the boys left for camp.

Heidi was also preparing her last minute stuff to get her girls ready to go to camp.

Finally, Heidi and the girls were on their way up to Bear Lake. Me and the boys were waiting in the church parking lot to head off to Schofield Reservoir.

Heidi was headed off to a beautiful cabin right on the lake. The boys and I were headed to real camping. I had a great time swimming the entire day. I'm still recuperating from all the swimming I did.

Gerrit and I left camp early because Gerrit had a plane to catch to New York City to see the Radiohead concert. Here is the beautifully green Central Park. I would love to chase a tennis ball there.

After he left, Heidi came home a few hours later in lala land about how well girls' camp went.

This week we'll try to catch our breath before Heidi goes back to school next week.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Girls camp did go very well, if I do say so myself. :)

And it's definately going to take a week to recover!

Now if I can just get my rear in gear and come over to get my stuff out of your living room I'm sure you'd have a more relaxing recovery .....

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

That's so fun that you got to go to girl's camp, although isn't it totally different going as a leader rather than as a girl?! I was a level one leader once and camp didn't seem nearly as fun as I remembered it when I was a girl.

The Betitas said...

How was the Radiohead concert! What a fun trip!