Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dog Lake

We finally made the hike to Dog Lake. Heidi has known about it for a while and we finally went. It was a great day for hiking. There were still some bluebells, Columbine, little purple flowers, and a bit of Indian Paintbrush around. The clouds were big and puffy against a bright blue sky.

Dog Lake was somehow surprisingly full of dogs. When Gerrit and Heidi threw a stick for me, I was suddenly racing two other dogs to get the stick. Another dog beat me to the stick. Just for the record--I was never beaten again. Gerrit got so hot and sweaty on the way up that he planned to go swimming when we got to the top. There was someone who just gone swimming and was pulling leeches off his body. Gerrit didn't go, but the leeches didn't stop me. One good reason to be covered in tons of fur. Heidi put her feet in (in honor of her mom).
I got a lot of swimming in. The picture below is not digitally reformatted. I was swimming out for a ball. On my way in someone threw a stick for their dog. I thought, "I might as well get this too while I'm out here." Sometimes it's nice to have a big mouth.
It's days like these when you hope that the summer will never end.

1 comment:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Whoa Ringo...a lake, a ball, and a stick all at once! How fun! Tell Heidi and Gerrit that I'm glad they didn't go in with you and the leaches.