Monday, July 21, 2008

Too Much

It all started when one of my favorite people was knocking on the door. I couldn't wait for Heidi to open the door so that her dad could play with me. After a little while they left and came back smelling like dust, hamburgers, and Grandpa and Grandma's house.

This is a big truck from the Kennecott Mine (the reason for the dust).
This is the Burger Bar in Roy. This joint was featured on a cable show that Heidi's dad saw. They must have enjoyed a delicious and juicy burger. (the reason for the above average burger smell).Soon Heidi's mom was walking through the door and the next day we were loaded up in the Red Rocket and starting an adventure that included me. It was very comfortable.

After an extended nap and a few chances to stretch my legs. . .
. . . we were at our campground in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. My favorite part was the river right next to our tent. The Snake River had a strong current. Getting the stick was easy. . .getting out was tricky.

Heidi's parents, Uncle Danna, Suzette, and Aunt Diana were staying in a RV trailer just a short distance away. We spent some quality time eating. I had my regular grub and everyone else had food that made my nose twitch and my mouth water.After a few more swims we were in the Red Rocket on our way to see the sights of Yellowstone. We saw many beautiful things. The photo opportunities were endless.We waited for Old Faithful. . .. . .it was worth the wait!












It was a really great trip. I'm so glad that Heidi's parents came to visit so that we could have a Wyoming adventure.

3 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I've been dying to go to Yellowstone. It looks beautiful. I can't believe what a great swimmer you are Ringo. Great stick retrieval! Glad you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

Ringo, you have such a way with words, pictures, and a great sense of what we all like to know.
Thanks. Tell Heidi and Gerrit that it was sure nice to see all of you on the drip.

Heidi's dad

Katie said...

Fun! I'm glad my mom got to go - wish we could have, too!