Tuesday, December 30, 2008

traditions

We've been enjoying holiday traditions. Most of these are Boogert traditions since Heidi and Gerrit decided to stay in Utah. Maybe Heidi's mothering instinct is kicking in a little too strong and she just couldn't bear the thought of leaving me.

Making yummy treats and delivering them. . . .
Lighting the tree on fire and singing favorite Christmas songs 'til late into the night.

Hanging our Christmas stockings knit by Grandma Boogert.

Lining up by age on the stairs before coming down to see the Christmas tree.
I'm hiding in the back. Stairs are not my favorite. I'll go up or down but standing in the middle is just too risky.
Giving meaningful gifts. . .

Rocking out on Christmas day is a new tradition.













I hope that this isn't a new tradition. . . .
I wouldn't mind a snow jumping contest every year though.
Merry Christmas to everyone !!!! (even the cats)

1 comment:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I can't belive she knitted all of those matching stockings. That's so amazing. I like the stairs tradition too.