Saturday, December 6, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!



Here are 28 reasons why I love Gerrit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. He gives the BEST ear scratches in the world.

2. He knows how to cuddle.

3. He can throw sticks and balls farther than anyone.

4. He lets me go with him to visit his parents and grandparents.

5. He takes great care of my number one and soon to be number two girls.

6. He hasn't given up on teaching me the "SPEAK" trick.

7. Together we make a great cat chaser team.

8. Did I mention the way he scratches my ears?????

9. He keeps my eyes free of eye junk.

10. He cleans off my paws when my feet are muddy.

11. He eats really good food that smells incredible. . .

12. . . .sometimes he drops that food. . .

13. . .or lets me lick it off his clothes if it spills.

14. He gives me the steak bones to his steaks.

15. He knows how to play rough.

16. He teases me. . .but I love the attention.

17. He knows how to make me smile.

18. He wears my dog hair with pride.

19. He lets me outside and back inside during the middle of the night.

20. He takes me on scout camping trips.

21. He's got a great strategy to find out how much I weigh.

22. He thinks I'm one lean machine.

23. I love the way he smells.

24. He will occasionally let me lick his feet.

25. He takes me to visit Heidi and her class at school.

26. He doesn't mind being the squished middle man when we sleep.

27. He gives me a heads up when the mailman is approaching our territory.

28. He's the best buddy alpha dog in the world.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!



3 comments:

Dewey and Liz said...

I just have to say I love your blog! It is so original and cute! Happy Birthday Gerrit... oh, I am just behind you, still, but only by a few weeks! -Liz

Emily said...

Happy BDay Gerritt;) I didn't know we were the same age!!! COOL!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

2 girls! Did you find out or are you guessing? I love that picture of you Ringo when you were a puppy. My how you've grown! Happy B-day Gerritt